Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Australia Day

Well I managed to survive my first Australia day weekend without being dunked into a pool of crocodiles or being fed to the sharks. For those that don't know what Australia Day is, it's a day to celebrate the landing of Captain Cook on this green and pleasant land although now it's more to do with celebrating everything Australian especially barbys, booze and backyard cricket.

We went to to one barby on Sunday where I proved that english backyard cricket can hold its own on the international stage with a fabulous display of catching, but another barby yesterday with more of the 3B's and a pool, complete with volleyball net, has left me feeling a tad jaded today.

Bel has broken our work drought (although there seems to be no cake drought) and starts tomorrow in a meatpacker warehouse and I finish my forklift truck course on Saturday so hopefully we can get more work till we head off to Tasmania in March.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I am exceedingly jealous of the forklift course, that is a good call my friend. I used to drive one of the big off-road telescopic forklifts and they were easily the most fun you can have in a vehicle that isn't a tank.

    Every time Bel comes home from work you have to stagger towards her in a zombie like fashion and groan 'meeeeaaaaaaat' at her. every. single. day. she'll love it.

    big loves dude x x x

    ReplyDelete